Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Been a while!

Indeed it has been. After that whole nightmare scare I took a vacation from dreaming. Literally though, I had fewer dreams, and of the ones I had, I could barely remember anything. Curious...

Tonight's dream was pretty wild. I was in Europe with a couple friends at some marketplace and one of them was in the truck with me while the other was running around outside trying to not get harassed by two local dudes. The girl in the passenger seat left and two fine folks got in the truck thinking I was a cab. Oddly enough, it didn't phase me. I just started talking to them. The guy totally knew I wasn't a cab driver from the way I spoke (which by the way, I totally had an English accent the ENTIRE dream. First time for that one. STOKED) but his wife didn't catch on for a while. I wasn't doing anything better at the moment so I said I would give them a ride!

Driving stick shift in a dream is way harder than it should be. And of course I had Perry's food to snack on! I clearly recall cinnamon roll laden trash down by my feet (also not conducive to driving stick shift). We end up in some euro underground tunnel thing and get lost. The husband and I end up on foot to ask for directions and leave the wife in the truck. We go to the convenient store and this is where I find Bloodless: trail mix infused with blood orange juice extract. The husband tells me its pretty delightful and he recommends it, offering to buy it for me. Of course I decline because he and his wife are already paying me to drive them to their destination.

It's at this point I realize I don't know their names. I shake the husband's hand and exchange my name. He exchanges a folded up white envelope. Clearly, he is not interested in getting to know me on a personal level at all. He doesn't want to get 'too involved' and have to keep in touch with me. WTF mate?

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE TELL ME YOU WERE IN EUROPE VISITING me and that this is a forecast of the future! :) i've missed you and i'm glad you're back! and that orangeblood injected trail mix sounds delightful...mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete